For Your New Bathroom Design
You’ve been thinking about it for a while and you know it’s time. Your bathroom is ready for a fresh, updated look and you’re ready to start the remodeling process. While it’s exciting to think about the possibilities and beauty of the finished bathroom design, taking on a remodel can also be a little daunting and overwhelming. Before you embark on giving your bath the dream look you’ve always imagined, here are a few checkpoints to keep in mind:
1) Start with the basics: budget and time
As an important first step, determine how much you want to spend on your bathroom renovation. It will help tremendously as you make decisions about what to include and where you can splurge or save. Time is another crucial component, no matter the size of your bathroom. You need to consider not only the time needed for construction, but also ordering and purchasing materials so they’re ready to be installed when needed. Unfortunately, hidden problems sometimes do occur, such as water damage and plumbing issues, which can add to the overall time of the remodel.
2) Putting it all together: Measurements and configuration
Before embarking on a bathroom remodel, it’s crucial to measure, measure, measure, particularly since it’s often the smallest room in the house. You’ll want to measure the overall size of the bathroom, determine the location of existing plumbing and electrical wiring, figure out where everything is going to go, and know the specifications for cabinetry, fixtures, etc. when you shop for new materials.
3) Consider all the new possibilities
Part of the fun of remodeling your bathroom is choosing the cabinets, fixtures, bathtub, and other details that reflect your unique style. You want a functional bathroom that fits your needs, but also has a creative and unique look. There are so many options available now that you will at least want to consider! Here are just a few of our favorites at Del Rey:
- Built in cabinetry that provides the look of furniture in a variety of styles
- Stainless steel and glass countertops
- Unique vanities built from creative materials, such as wine barrels
- Wall hung toilets for a sleek and modern look
- Drains that blend seamlessly to match the rest of your shower
- Design your own faucet for a custom look
- Medicine cabinets and mirrors with built-in lighting that’s flattering on the face!
A beautiful bathroom can feel like a vacation to the spa. With the right game plan and a little creativity, your bathroom remodel will bring you enjoyment for years to come. Our showroom can help you start dreaming. Stop by. Del Rey Fine Plumbing and Hardware is ready to help you get started on your dream bath!